Saturday, December 02, 2006

Nativities

I need to ask Big Pat when he was born. One of the advantages of having a "two godder" as a religion is that you get two holiday (from "holy day") seasons. I was born in June, which is a very nice time for gift-giving, big bowls of punch, make-up sex and everything else we associate with the mass migration of friends and family to our door.

I only hope Big Pat was born at some distance from June. It will be better for marketing.

Now, as for the details of those births, I think it's fair to say the "virgin" aspect is right out. I have an older sister, and I think Big Pat does, too. Okay, you may say, you can have two virgin births in the same family, can't you? A: Yes, but you don't see any of our siblings fronting a religion, so I think that takes care of that.

Now, the absence of virginity in our provenance doesn't mean the births could not have been the result of immaculate conception, which is something very different. (More than one baster baby is a product of virgin birth, I'd wager.) Well, in my mother's case I don't think so because I think she would have mentioned it. It would have come up. I'll have to check with Big Pat. He's not boastful, so: could be.

Wouldn't that be wonderful for marketing.

No comments: